Wednesday 17 October 2007

Good afternoon world

Well it would be good if it wasn't so lousy. Today I am the proud heir to my fathers cold. So is my mum and my husband. No doubt in a few days I will be proud to pass it down to my kids. Bring on the bulk purchasing of aloe tissues, eucalyptus and Lemsips. There's a lot to be said for keeping relatives at a lengthy distance.
It's strange how lousiness brings on the need for comfort food. The girls were deeply disappointed to find the last big slice of chocolate mud cake missing from the fridge after I had a whirlwind clean out in search of a drool potential vegetable combinations for dinner.
Mmmm... Pumpkin, potatoes, fresh sprigs of rosemary and beure boss pears, crisp roasted and caramelised with brown sugar are now wafting around my kitchen. My daughter is preparing individual little garlic breads using store bought dinner rolls, organic butter and fresh mashed garlic. She's inspired by Jamie Oliver to cook and I'll be tickled pink if she becomes as resourceful as myself in the kitchen.
Pardon for talking over myself... I'm just instructing my husband from my writers seat as to how to prepare the lamb chops he bought. He's no Jamie Oliver in the kitchen, but would survive nicely if he had to fend for himself in the kitchen and he's just as cute. Fingers cross the timing of all these items comes together nicely. If not, at least the roast vegies will be delish and I'm sure there's some sour cream in the fridge that I can dollop on the side if all else fails.

No comments: