Tuesday 15 January 2008

Where does the time go?

Where on earth did it go? I know I haven't used it all up so someone else must be! I still have a list as long as my arm of jobs to do, quilts to start... ahhh... quilts to finish and where did that bit of 'Me' time go. My time managment skills are slowly slipping away as is my enthusiasm for life which currently fits into the pointless category.

This year is going to be the year of change. I'm not going to make any new years resolutions... I won't make promises I can't keep, but I do intend to discover something new and vibrant, exciting and uplifting.. something that will make me look back on 2008 and think... What a Fantastic year it's been!

I guess I'II need a few goals and a couple of simple jobs that shaould have been finished eons ago that will give me that sense of accomplishment once ticked off.
  • Put the BBQ back together. Some three winters ago our BBQ (a great wedding present) was starting to look a bit shabby. The timber was dry and some rust was starting to appear, so I thought I'd pull it apart and give it a spruce up for the coming summer. Good idea 99.. I made a good start, but time laying about the shed has undone those good deeds. Time to get out the sander and wire brush and finish it. The smell of BBQ's cooking in some not to distance backyard is just torture.
  • Stain and Danish Oil my Maple Quilting Frame. I love to quilt, I just don't have the time or space available to do it. But that's another excuse that I have to overcome this year. About five years ago I started making a quilting frame to stretch out and layer my quilt tops, wool wadding and backs. I like big quilts generally. I had finished the tops for both of my girls quilts and was excited to start hand quilting. Problem is, after using a quilting frame previously to assist stretching out someone elses quilt top I was determine that this was the only way to go. They're still tops and the quilt frame has been a day away from being finished since then. I just need to purchase a decent staple gun to finish the job.
  • Baste Quilt Tops. Once the frame's finished the top's can be basted and then I can start hand quilting each night once the kids are in bed. Peace and quiet!
  • Plaster and paint the Laundry. I've nearly finished the bathroom - that took four days last week. Plastering and paint is done, just needs a new window, mirrored cabinet, new external door including frame and new internal door hung to finish. I'II leave those bits up to the brother in law's building skills. The Laundry is a cupboard style quite a bit smaller than the bathroom (actually used to be the toilet). The plaster cornice needs to be cut and fixed, then sanded and prepped for painting. Shouldn't take long, probably 2-3 days from start to finish inclusive of drying times. Once that's done the professionals will come in and install an automatic roller shutter for the door. Being that it's in a main hallway, outward doors would have cause more problems than they worth and there's no walls for sliding cavity doors to disappear into. Should be nice in the end.

Now that should do it for now... Start small and aim high. Fingers crossed I get this all done by the end of January! LMAO! Unfortunately I'm deadly serious.

Stay tuned for Februarys Goals!

No comments: